Lammy Shortlist Unveiled
Lambda Literary, the USA’s oldest and largest LGBT+ literary arts organisation, has announced the finalists for the 29th Annual Lambda Literary Awards – or the “Lammys,” as they are often known.
The books were chosen from nearly 900 titles released last year, reflecting a hugely vibrant queer press today.
The winners will be announced at a gala ceremony on the evening of Monday 12 June, 2017 in New York.
There are four books shortlisted for Bi Fiction and four for Bi Non-Fiction.
- Black Dove: Mamá, Mi’jo, and Me, by Ana Castillo, The Feminist Press
- The Body’s Alphabet, by Ann Tweedy, Headmistress Press
- I Have Devoted My Life to the Clitoris, by Elizabeth Hall, Tarpaulin Sky Press
- Women in Relationships With Bisexual Men: Bi Men By Women, by Maria Pallotta-Chiarolli and Sara Lubowitz, Lexington Books
- Beautiful Gravity, by Martin Hyatt, Antibookclub
- Marrow Island, by Alexis M. Smith, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Mouth to Mouth, by Abigail Child, EOAGH
- When Watched, by Leopoldine Core, Penguin Books
There are many other categories including for lesbian, transgender and gay fiction and non-fiction, with further sub-categories like gay mystery, transgender poetry and lesbian romance. However these are the only two bi categories in the Lammys at present.